Abdul Ezedi manhunt replace: Police clarify why they assume he is useless | UK | News | EUROtoday
Police have revealed that they think Clapham chemical assault fugitive Abdul Ezedi is useless after leaping off a bridge into the River Thames. A physique has not but been discovered and consultants have stated that it’s doubtless it by no means will probably be.
At a police briefing this afternoon (Friday, February 9) it was defined that at the moment of yr the physique could not floor attributable to “wide snags and fast-travelling water”.
The final sighting of the 35-year-old was near Chelsea Bridge close to Battersea Park in central London simply earlier than 11.30pm on Wednesday, January 31, after Ezedi walked 4 miles from Tower Hill.
Police famous that Ezedi’s behaviour appeared to alter when he obtained to his final identified sighting. A Metropolitan Police spokesperson stated: “The Thames is very fast flowing this time of year and very wide. It is possible he may never be found.
“Before Chelsea Bridge, he walked with goal. His behaviour at Chelsea Bridge visibly adjustments. He walks up and down and will be seen leaning over the railings.”
The 35-year-old is suspected of pouring a strong alkali over his ex-partner and injuring her two young children, aged three and eight, earlier that night in Clapham, south London.
Commander Jon Savell told explained at today’s off-camera briefing that the Met has released all the CCTV footage it has of Ezedi. He added that police have so far received 500 calls from the public.
Eight warrants have been executed by officers in relation to the case, three of which involved armed officers – and 1,000 pieces of information have been collected.
At the briefing on Wednesday Commander Jon Savell said: “It is a risk he has gone into the Thames. Sadly, we recuperate individuals from the Thames and it takes some time for it to occur. It is a really fast-flowing physique of water. Nobody has seen anybody going into the Thames and no our bodies have been recovered.”
The woman involved in the attack may lose sight in her right eye and remains sedated in hospital. She is said to be still too ill to speak to police.
A statement from friends read: “Her kids are her life. She is beneficiant to a fault and a beautiful cook dinner and host. All she has ever wished is a protected dwelling for her and her stunning, variety little women.”
Armed police raided an address in Newcastle in the early hours of Thursday morning, but no arrests were made.
Police say they remain in contact with the family of the injured woman, who is still unable to speak as she recovers in hospital.
It is thought she is likely to lose the sight in one of her eyes. The children were not as badly injured as was first feared.
Cmdr Savell said the family will “naturally be concerned” and that the police will proceed to help them whereas they keep on their inquiries.
One of the ultimate bits of latest data police have given is that, from the a whole bunch of hours of CCTV they’ve combed by way of, it doesn’t look as if Ezedi has been involved with anybody else.
The most up-to-date sighting of him stays a picture captured on CCTV at about 11.27pm on January 31, crossing Chelsea Bridge.
A crew of 100 officers have been working to seek out Ezedi, who just isn’t the daddy of the youngsters who had been damage. He suffered vital facial accidents that police have warned may show deadly if left untreated.