Fried duck eggs with devilled livers recipe | EUROtoday
A very good outdated fried egg is a superb automobile for all types of garnishes, each luxurious and humble. I keep in mind as soon as ready for a seat on the vibrant Barcelona tapas bar El Quim de la Boqueria and learning the fried egg with foie gras and ceps that the man proper in entrance of me was snacking on. I put it on the menu at Le Caprice as quickly as I received again to London. I don’t use foie gras nowadays however duck or hen livers are simply nearly as good right here, and so they’re low-cost and simple to pay money for.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 250g duck or hen livers, cleaned and reduce into even-sized items
- 2-3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 100g butter, reduce into small items
- 4 small spring onions, halved lengthways and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 duck eggs
- Season the liver throughout with some sea salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy frying pan till it’s virtually smoking, then add the liver and fry on a excessive warmth for a minute, stirring the items so that they brown evenly.
- Add the butter and spring onion and stir nicely, then add the pomegranate molasses.
- Cook for an additional minute, retaining the liver good and pink.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs in a separate pan in the remainder of the oil, evenly seasoning them as they’re cooking.
- Serve the eggs with the liver and eat instantly.