Lancaster: Boy, 11, died after TikTok craze went mistaken at dwelling, says household | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The household of an 11-year-old boy who died immediately mentioned it was associated to a TikTok problem.

Tommie-lee Gracie Billington died on Saturday after he was found unconscious at a buddy’s home in Greenset Close, Lancaster.

His grandmother has since spoken out, blaming the devastating loss on a brand new harmful on-line problem known as “chroming”.

The dying, which occurred on Saturday,  is being handled as “unexplained” and remains to be being investigated, Lancashire Constabulary mentioned.

Tommie-lee Gracie Billington, 11, was discovered unconscious at a buddy’s home in Lancaster on Saturday


In an emotional plea, Tina Burns, a reaching assistant from Clayton-le-woods instructed native paper The Lancashire Post: “We need the cause, the reason to get out there in the media of what killed my grandson.

“He died instantly after a sleepover at a friend’s house. The boys had tried the TikTok craze ‘chroming’.

“Tommie-lee went into cardiac arrest immediately and died right there and then. The hospital did everything to try and bring him back but nothing worked. He was gone.”

“Chroming” is the act of inhaling a poisonous chemical comparable to paint, solvent, aerosol cans, glue, cleansing merchandise, or petrol for a short-term excessive.

The harmful act may be extraordinarily harmful and result in coronary heart assaults or suffocation and everlasting liver, mind and kidney harm.

Ms Burns shared on Facebook: “Never felt pain like this. I just love you so much mate. My baby boy, you will forever be in my heart. I will make sure to the best of my ability that your name and your beautiful face will become the reason that other children’s lives will be saved and other families don’t have to suffer this deep, deep hurt.”

Now, each side of Tommie-lee’s household are campaigning for extra stringent on-line security measures, together with forbidding below 16s from accessing TikTok, Ms Burns instructed the publication.

In a heartbreaking tribute, the boy has been described by his grieving relations as a “bright energetic boy” with a “heart of gold”, and the household mentioned that they had been left “utterly devastated”.

The coroner has been knowledgeable and a report into the reason for dying can be ready.

A police spokesperson mentioned: “An investigation is ongoing and the boy’s family are being supported by specially trained officers. Our thoughts are with the boy’s loved ones at this incredibly sad time.”

A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service mentioned: “We attended an incident at a private address on Greenset Close, Lancaster, following a 999 call at 12.02.

“Two ambulances, an air ambulance and an operational commander attended. A patient was taken to hospital.”

Parents have lately spoken out to The Independent about harmful on-line challenges. TikTok beforehand mentioned the platform “does not allow dangerous challenges, and we proactively find 99 per cent of content removed for breaking these rules”.