Moment killer is arrested after dumping victims’ stays in native pond | UK | News | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

This is the second a ”killer and a coward” was arrested on suspicion of homicide after disposing of human stays in native ponds.

Lee Clarke, 56, appears to be like dazed and confused as officers confronted him on suspicion of killing Phillip Lewis in Harlow, Essex.

Footage launched by Essex Police reveals Clarke transferring gadgets out of his property hours earlier than he was stopped by officers in an organised search.

Police discovered a variety of energy instruments and blood marks throughout the property.

Officers began a homicide investigation after a member of the general public found a suspicious merchandise at Oakwood Pond in Harlow.

Forensic assessments confirmed the merchandise to be human stays.

On 4 January 2023, a warrant was executed at Clarke’s residence deal with in Wedhey, Harlow and he was arrested on suspicion of homicide.

On Friday 8 March, a jury discovered him unanimously responsible of murdering Phillip following a four-week trial.

An investigation was launched on New Years Eve 2022, after Essex Police obtained a name from a member of the general public, who had found a suspicious merchandise at Oakwood Pond in Harlow at round 2pm.

The space was shortly cordoned off and following attendance from forensic officers, the merchandise was confirmed to be human stays.

A homicide investigation was launched and inside two days of the invention, the sufferer was recognized via a DNA match as 59-year-old Phillip Lewis, who was recognized domestically in Harlow as Scottish Phil.

After police have been capable of set up when Phil went lacking, they imagine he was killed on 12 November 2022.

Specialist officers of the Police Search Advisors (POLSA) and the Marine Unit carried out searches of a number of different ponds throughout Harlow the place additional human stays belonging to Phillip Lewis have been situated.

The trial of Lee Clarke started on Wednesday, 7 February at Chelmsford Crown Court.

During the trial, Clarke tried to assert that the blood situated in his flat, was because of a damaged mirror which the sufferer had helped him clear up.

The trial concluded after four-weeks on Friday, 8 March the place a jury discovered Lee Clarke responsible of homicide.

He will seem at Chelmsford Crown Court on 12 March for sentencing.

Detective Superintendent Rob Kirby stated: “This trial has proven Lee Clarke to be a killer and a coward.

“Despite being arrested over a yr in the past, Clarke has refused to inform anybody why he killed Phil.

“He has also refused to disclose where he disposed of the rest of Phil’s body, which has added to the suffering inflicted on Phil’s family.

“This was an enormous investigation for Essex Police and it might not have been potential with out the help from the group in Harlow.

“Residents in Harlow were patient and compassionate, whilst our officers carried out enquiries.

“I can confidentially say that with out the help from Harlow, aiding our hard-working officers, this end result wouldn’t have been potential.”