Dog shocks house owners as vet discovers its swallowed £18.20 in cash | UK | News | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A vet was surprised after treating a canine that swallowed 133 cash – totalling £18.20 and weighing 680g.

Charlie was taken to Thameswood Veterinary Clinic in Swindon in Wiltshire by his involved house owners as a result of he appeared beneath the climate.

They have been informed the 13-year-old pooch had stopped passing stools and had misplaced his urge for food.

They suspected he might have eaten a plastic artwork ornament however vets have been shocked to search out out he had eaten over 100 cash.

A Thameswood Vet spokesperson stated: “Charlie seemed to have been saving for retirement because our vets found a rather substantial stash of coins in his tummy.

“Matheus, our Senior Veterinary Surgeon main the surgical staff, subsequently eliminated 133 cash, totalling £18.20 and weighing 680g!”

They added: “We are happy to report that Charlie is recovering properly and is again residence together with his household.

“His owners have since donated (the washed) coins to the PDSA which was a wonderful gesture.

“So a lot for piggy banks – Charlie is a doggy financial institution! Pet house owners know their pets greatest so if, like Charlie’s house owners, you believe you studied they don’t seem to be fairly themselves, you should definitely get them checked over.”