White House Responds To Netanyahu’s Claim About U.S. Support | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The White House on Tuesday responded to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s allegations that the Biden administration has been withholding weapons and ammunition from his nation over the previous few months.

“We genuinely do not know what he’s talking about,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre advised reporters. “We just don’t.”

In a 49-second video posted on X, previously Twitter, Netanyahu mentioned he’d not too long ago had a “candid conversation” with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, thanking him for the help the U.S. has given Israel but in addition airing an obvious grievance.

“It’s inconceivable that in the past few months, the administration has been withholding weapons and ammunitions to Israel,” Netanyahu mentioned he advised Blinken. “Israel ― America’s closest ally fighting for its life, fighting against Iran and our other common enemies.”

Netanyahu mentioned Blinken supplied him assurances that the Biden administration is dedicated to eradicating the “bottlenecks.”

“I certainly hope that’s the case,” Netanyahu mentioned. “It should be the case. During World War II, [U.K. Prime Minister Winston] Churchill told the United States, ‘Give us the tools, we’ll do the job.’ And I say, give us the tools and we’ll finish the job a lot faster.”

During a joint press convention Tuesday with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, Blinken refused to verify whether or not Netanyahu was telling the reality about their alleged dialog.

“I’m not going to talk about what we said in diplomatic conversations,” Blinken mentioned.

He did, nonetheless, be aware that President Joe Biden stays dedicated to offering Israel with “what it needs to defend itself against a whole variety of threats.”

“A big part of that, as well, is making sure that in providing that assistance to Israel, it has a strong deterrent, which is the best way to avoid more conflict, to avoid more war, to avoid what we’re already seeing in Gaza spreading other areas, to other fronts,” Blinken mentioned. “That’s been one of our objectives from day one.”

Blinken mentioned the one cargo that is still below overview pertains to 2,000-pound bombs because of the administration’s “concerns about their use in a densely populated area like Rafah” in southern Gaza.

“But everything else is moving as it normally would move,” he mentioned.

Jean-Pierre echoed Blinken, telling reporters that in addition to that individual cargo of munitions, “there are no other pauses.”

Netanyahu is predicted to handle a joint session of the U.S. Congress subsequent month. Some lawmakers, together with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Democratic Reps. Jim Clyburn (S.C.) and Ro Khanna (Calif.), have mentioned they plan to boycott his speech.

The Israeli prime minister, earlier this week, dissolved his struggle Cabinet following the departure of centrist opposition chief Benny Gantz, who resigned over disagreements with the Gaza struggle technique. The transfer means a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas is unlikely to occur, as Netanyahu will now be counting on his safety Cabinet, which is made up of extra hard-line figures.

Meanwhile, a brand new report offered to the United Nations’ Human Rights Council concluded that Israeli forces have carried out a marketing campaign of “extermination” towards Palestinian civilians that has killed greater than 37,000 Gazans, in accordance with native officers.

The ongoing battle was prompted by the assault of Oct. 7, 2023, when Hamas killed 1,200 Israelis and took about 250 individuals hostage.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/netanyahu-allegations-israel-gaza-war_n_6672d406e4b069d92e23e12e