Biden sits for essential post-debate interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC: Live updates | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Trump falsely claims ‘broken down’ Biden is quitting White House race and derides Harris

Joe Biden thrashed Donald Trump in Wisconsin earlier than the president’s main interview with ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos set to air on Friday night, an important broadcast that his marketing campaign hopes will reset his 2024 plans and reassure voters that he’s match for workplace after his disastrous debate efficiency in Atlanta final week.

“I beat Donald Trump. I will beat him again in 2020,” Biden mentioned throughout an brisk rally on Friday. “I’m not gonna let one 90-minute debate throw out three and a half years of work.”

The former president in the meantime issued a withering assault on the president and Kamala Harris, calling his rival “highly incapable” and saying he “choked like a dog” throughout the debate whereas mocking Biden for blaming his poor efficiency on exhaustion and having a chilly.

Turning his consideration to the vp — who’s being tipped to succeed the president because the 2024 Democratic nominee — by calling her “Laffin Kamala Harris”, a brand new nickname alluding to her infectious chuckle.

Trump additionally challenged Biden to a “no holds barred” debate regardless of one already being scheduled for September 10 on ABC.

1720225177

Biden requested if he’s being trustworthy with himself about probabilities of successful

In a “more personal” query, George Stephanopoulos requested Joe Biden: “Are you sure you’re being honest with yourself when you say you have the mental and physical capacity to serve another four years?”

“Yes, I am, because George, the last thing I want to do is not be able to meet that,” Biden replied.

“Some of the senior economists, the senior foreign policy specialists say, if I stop now, I go down in history as a pretty successful president. No one thought I could get there, then we got there.”

Stephanopoulos pressed him: “But are you being honest with yourself as well about your ability to defeat Donald Trump right now?”

“Yes, yes, yes,” Biden mentioned.

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 01:19

1720224841

Biden dodges query about taking neurological and cognitive exams

President Biden dodged questions on whether or not he can be keen to bear an impartial medical analysis that included neurological and cognitive cognitive exams after which launch the outcomes to the American folks.

Speaking throughout a sit-down ABC interview he mentioned: “Look, I have a cognitive test every single day.

“Every day I have that test – everything we do, you know, not only in my campaign, but I’m running the world, and that’s not how it sounds like hyperbole, but we are the central nation of the world.”

Pressed once more by ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos on taking such exams and making the outcomes public, he mentioned: “Watch me between, there’s a lot of time left in this campaign – over 125 days.”

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 01:14

1720223973

Watch: Biden admits he was ‘exhausted’ in debate however denies having ‘any serious condition’

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 00:59

1720223451

Biden ABC interview to air shortly

The full sit-down interview with president Joe Biden and ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos will air shortly.

It is the primary interview the president has carried out since his poor efficiency within the presidential debate in opposition to Donald Trump, throughout which he spoke in a raspy voice, grew to become confused and appeared to lose his prepare of thought mid-sentence.

In a earlier clip, Biden claimed full responsibilty for his efficiency, however reiterated he had been “exhausted” and “feeling terrible”.

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 00:50

1720222209

Biden ‘completely’ guidelines out exiting 2024 presidential race amid stress for him to give up

President Biden on Friday mentioned he gained’t contemplate standing down from his marketing campaign for a second time period within the White House regardless of rising stress from him to take action from Democratic members of Congress and donors to his get together.

Read the complete story right here:

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 00:30

1720221309

Biden didn’t watch disastrous debate efficiency again after

President Biden mentioned he didn’t watch his disastrous debate efficiency in opposition to Donald Trump again afterwards.

Asked by ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos throughout his first interview because the debate final week, if he knew how badly it had been getting in actual time, he replied: “Look, the whole way I prepared, it was nobody’s fault but mine. I prepared what I usually would do, sitting down…”

Pivoting in the direction of his rival, Trump, he continued: “The fact of the matter is that what I looked at is that he also lied 28 times I couldn’t. I mean, the way the debate ran [it was] my fault, nobody else’s fault.

Stephanopoulos pressed: “But it seemed like you were having trouble from the first question. In, even before [Trump] spoke.”

“Well, I just had a bad night,” Biden replied.

Mike Bedigan6 July 2024 00:15

1720220425

Could Michelle Obama change Biden as Democratic nominee – and beat Trump?

The former first girl would definitely be a preferred alternative, based on the polls, however has repeatedly mentioned she desires no additional involvement within the cut-throat world of politics.

Martha McHardy appears to be like on the case for Michelle Obama stepping as much as the plate.

Alex Woodward6 July 2024 00:00

1720219887

Biden says debate efficiency was ‘no person’s fault however mine’

President Joe Biden has claimed full accountability for his disastrous debate efficiency in opposition to Donald Trump final week.

In a brand new sit-down interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, on account of air in full at 8pm, the president reiterated that he had been unwell previous to the controversy, however mentioned his efficiency was “nobody’s fault but mine.”

In a clip, broadcast earlier on the community’s “World News Tonight”, the president addressed issues raised by senior Democrats, together with Nancy Pelosi, about whether or not the controversy was an indication of a extra critical situation.

“It was a bad episode, no indication of any serious condition. I was exhausted. I didn’t listen to my instincts in terms of preparing. It was a bad night,” he mentioned.

Biden had certainly had a busy schedule previous to the controversy, together with visits to the US West Coast and France for the D-Day anniversary, however had returned to Washington with greater than every week in hand.

Asked why 11 or 12 days was not sufficient restoration time, he replied: “Because I was sick. I was feeling terrible. Matter of fact, the doctors with me, I asked that they did a Covid test. We were trying to figure out what was wrong.

“They did a test to see whether or not I had some infection, you know, a virus – I didn’t. I just had a really bad cold.”

The full ABC interviews with Biden is about to air at 8pm ET.

Mike Bedigan5 July 2024 23:51

1720219531

Who may change Joe Biden?

Joe Biden just isn’t technically the Democratic Party’s nominee for president. Not but.

So is it doable for Joe Biden to drop out? And who would change him on the prime of the Democratic poll?

John Bowden takes a glance:

Alex Woodward5 July 2024 23:45

1720218631

How would changing Biden truly work? The reply is as murky because the president’s stance on his future

Democratic insiders have advised The Independent that they imagine there’s “no question” Vice President Kamala Harris would obtain the baton if Biden selected to not run in November.

But a Biden marketing campaign spokesperson mentioned that the president is “absolutely not dropping out.”

If he did, Democrats must decide a brand new presidential nominee. And the logistics surrounding that aren’t easy.

Alex Woodward5 July 2024 23:30