Trump warns Iran time is working out and says ‘our next attack will be far worse’ | EUROtoday

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Donald Trump has warned Iran that “time is running out” to make a deal and that the “next attack” by US forces might be “far worse” than earlier strikes.

In a publish on Truth Social, the US President warned {that a} “massive armada” was on its approach to the nation in preparation for doable navy motion.

“Like with Venezuela, it is, ready, willing, and able to rapidly fulfill its mission, with speed and violence, if necessary,” he wrote.

Trump has been threatening intervention ever since protests erupted within the nation final month, prompting a ruthless crackdown by the Tehran regime.

President Donald Trump said the armada is bigger than the one which went to Venezuela

President Donald Trump stated the armada is larger than the one which went to Venezuela (AP/Mark Schiefelbein)

The armada is “moving quickly, with great power, enthusiasm, and purpose” and is bigger than the one which was despatched to Venezuela, he added.

The US president stated he hopes Iran will come to the desk for a “fair and equitable deal” to make sure it had “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS”.

“Time is running out, it is truly of the essence! As I told Iran once before, MAKE A DEAL! They didn’t, and there was “Operation Midnight Hammer,” a significant destruction of Iran. The subsequent assault might be far worse!” he wrote.

On 22 June final yr, the US carried out a blitz assault on a trio of Iranian nuclear amenities, Fordow, Natan and Isfahan, its solely navy motion in the course of the twelve day conflict between Iran and Israel.

Trump’s threats of a renewed assault on Iran started after widespread protests erupted in late December throughout the nation, with tons of of hundreds believed to have taken to the road to voice their discontent with the Iranian regime.

Sources advised Axios on Tuesday that Mr Trump has but to make a ultimate choice on whether or not to strike Iran. He is anticipated to determine after holding extra consultations this week and being offered with extra navy choices.

He advised the outlet {that a} diplomatic decision was nonetheless doable, including: “They want to make a deal. I know so. They called on numerous occasions. They want to talk.”

People attend a pro-government rally on January 12, 2026 in Tehran

People attend a pro-government rally on January 12, 2026 in Tehran (Getty Images)

Earlier this month, Trump initially warned the US would perform strikes on Iran if it didn’t cease killing protesters on the streets, and if it executed any of the hundreds that have been arrested in the course of the unrest.

But the US president held off from ordering an assault after the protests largely abated following a regime crackdown which some estimates say killed tens of hundreds of individuals.

On Monday, a US plane service and several other warships have arrived within the Middle East, intensifying issues that Trump might order a strike.

The president had already warned that an “armada” was on its approach, saying his administration was “watching” Iran following weeks of lethal protests throughout the nation.

The USS Abraham Lincoln and quite a few guided-missile destroyers are within the Middle East area, which comes below the US navy’s Central Command, US officers stated on Monday.

“We have a lot of ships going that direction, just in case … I’d rather not see anything happen, but we’re watching them very closely,” Mr Trump advised reporters on board Air Force One final Thursday.

“We have an armada … heading in that direction, and maybe we won’t have to use it.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-iran-truth-social-threat-military-armada-nuclear-weapons-b2909336.html